Deformity correction – gentle operative treatments for the ankle
Ankle Deformity Correction
There are many people who, even at a young age, are experiencing and dealing with ankle deformities. This type of condition, if undetected or left untreated, can lead to excessive cartilage wear and tear. Deformity correcting surgery can prevent this further damage and provide the patient with pain relief.
This type of surgery should be carefully considered in the case of young patients. The ankle is important for a variety of movements, and procedures such as a joint fusion are not particularly desirable, even if they succeed in relieving the patient’s pain. Any deterioration in the patient’s quality of life is not the goal.
Your advantages at OrthoCenter Munich
- Orthopedic treatment focus on spinetherapy
- Wide range of conservative and operative procedures
- Gentle procedures in focus: Dr. Riedel specializes in gentle pain therapy. He was head physician in various pain clinics for over 20 years
- Joints and surgical expert: Prof. Dr. Lill specializes in the treatment of joints. He has years of experience in the field of minimally invasiveand arthroscopic ops.
- Cooperation with clinics and research institutes worldwide
- Renowned private practice: the OrthoCenter is internationally known and repeatedly welcomes patients from abroad who come to Munich for treatment
Since a prosthetic implant at a young age is not desirable, surgeons invented a new form of surgery: deformity correction not only relieves pain but leaves the foot and ankle in the proper position for maximum mobility. Thus, further deterioration of the affected joint is avoided and the progression of cartilage damage is prevented. Ankle surgery of this type is considered to be very gentle.
In principle, deformity correction can treat almost any type of condition and prevent further damage. This surgery is particularly useful for the following conditions:
- Hollow Foot
- Flat feet (which usually develop over time)
- Fallen arches
How the surgery will be completed is determined on a case-by-case basis and depends on the type of misalignment. Your orthopaedic surgeon will inform you of all the details.
Your specialist Prof. Dr. Lill
YOUR EXPERT FOR ANKLE DEFORMITIES
Would you like to have your ankle deformity treated with deformity corrective surgery? Professor Lill, your joint specialist in Munich, is happy to go over the details with you. Schedule your appointment with him today!