Chiropractic at the OrthoCenter in Munich
Health chiropractic and osteopathy are types of manual therapies developed in the USA at the end of the 19th century. Diseases and mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system can be treated with manual therapy at the OrthoCenter in Munich, Germany.
Your advantages at OrthoCenter Munich
- Orthopedic treatment focus on spinetherapy
- Wide range of conservative and operative procedures
- Gentle procedures in focus: Dr. Riedel specializes in gentle pain therapy. He was head physician in various pain clinics for over 20 years
- Joints and surgical expert: Prof. Dr. Lill specializes in the treatment of joints. He has years of experience in the field of minimally invasiveand arthroscopic ops.
- Cooperation with clinics and research institutes worldwide
- Renowned private practice: the OrthoCenter is internationally known and repeatedly welcomes patients from abroad who come to Munich for treatment
Chiropractic treatment in Munich
The fundamental concept of chiropractic (derived from the Greek word for hand, ‘cheir’) is that inner blockades and defective positions of joints may cause severe discomfort. With an early diagnosis and the application of chiropractic treatment to the afflicted joints, numerous ailments and diseases can be prevented. The reasons for problems with joint function can often be found in connective tissue, musculature or the patient’s posture. Chiropractic treatments are able to address all these points and ensure a quick rehabilitation.
Joint misalignments may cause the symptoms listed below:
- Neck and headache
- Impaired vision / vision disorders
- Sacroiliac pain and restricted movement
- Pain in the chest and painful breathing
- Discomfort in the arms and legs
The chiropractic physician loosens blockades and tensions through manual manipulation. As a first step the functionality of the afflicted joint is assessed. Then a brief pre-stretching ensures that neural stimuli and muscle tension are toned down for the duration of the chiropractic treatment. Next, the chiropractor applies pressure manually, which in some cases may be clearly audible. Chiropractic therapies are available for spinal afflictions and joints down to the small toe. Sometimes a single manipulation is sufficient to loosen blockades in joints that have caused headache or back pain for months and permanently ease the discomfort. Blockades or tensions in the sacroiliac joint (the upper border of the pelvis) often cause pain in the lower back and the legs. These afflictions may be mistaken for herniated (slipped) disc problems or an irritation of the sciatic nerve. It goes without saying that successful chiropractic therapy requires the diagnosis and treatment of the causes of a blockade.
Chiropractic is a mild form of therapy. However, injuries – especially in the neck area – may still occur in very rare cases. Intimate knowledge of the human anatomy and extensive training on the part of the chiropractor are necessary to minimise this risk.
Your specialist Prof. Dr. Lill
YOUR EXPERT FOR CHIROPRACTIC TREATMENT
Are you interested in chiropractic treatments to soothe headache or pain in the lower back? Contact the competent team at the OrthoCenter Professor Lill right away.