Gentle heel spur surgery
Gentle heel spur surgery
Excessive wear and tear on the foot and heel is the main cause of heel spurs and cases of Haglund’s deformity, which are both very common. Heel spurs can be endoscopically removed via a very gentle procedure. These two related forms of foot condition and their symptoms can easily be distinguished. As the name suggests, the “lower” heel spur refers to a traditional heel spur and its associated pain on the lower part of the heel. The so-called Haglund’s deformity occurs on the upper part of the heel and causes pain in that region.
Your advantages at OrthoCenter Munich
- Orthopedic treatment focus on spinetherapy
- Wide range of conservative and operative procedures
- Gentle procedures in focus: Dr. Riedel specializes in gentle pain therapy. He was head physician in various pain clinics for over 20 years
- Joints and surgical expert: Prof. Dr. Lill specializes in the treatment of joints. He has years of experience in the field of minimally invasiveand arthroscopic ops.
- Cooperation with clinics and research institutes worldwide
- Renowned private practice: the OrthoCenter is internationally known and repeatedly welcomes patients from abroad who come to Munich for treatment
Endoscopic removal of heel spurs
When it comes to Haglund’s deformity, the first course of treatment is extracorporeal shock wave therapy, which, if unsuccessful, will be followed by surgery. Lower heel spurs are often only treated surgically. Before surgery, your orthopaedic specialist will clearly mark the area to be treated. Then, via a small incision, a mini-camera and other surgical instruments will be inserted into the foot. The heel spur will then be removed as gently as possible. The bone in the area undergoing surgery will be smoothed in order to reduce the risk of inflammation following the operation.
Endoscopic heel spur removal is considered to be very gentle and heals quickly. Treating your heel spurs endoscopically can have many advantages, such as small incisions that provide for quick healing and a low risk of infection. Soon after surgery, you’ll be able to weight bear again and in just a few weeks you’ll be completely back on your feet. Endoscopic heel spur surgery is also considered to be very comfortable for patients, making this an ideal option for patients looking for stress-free treatment.
Your specialist Prof. Dr. Lill
YOUR EXPERT FOR HAGLUND’S DEFORMITY
Would you like more information about Haglund’s deformity or about heel spur surgery? Make your appointment today for a preliminary examination with your orthopaedic specialist Professor Lill in Munich!