Stem cell therapy
Stem cell therapy
Any kind of treatment that uses stem cells is considered to be a type of stem cell therapy. Stem cells are multipotent and can be obtained from bone marrow. Stem cells are undifferentiated cells that have the potential to develop into many types of cells. The promising stem cell therapy in the OrthoCenter Professor Lill in Munich uses so called autologous, adult stem cells obtained from bone marrow.
Your advantages at OrthoCenter Munich
- Orthopedic treatment focus on spinetherapy
- Wide range of conservative and operative procedures
- Gentle procedures in focus: Dr. Riedel specializes in gentle pain therapy. He was head physician in various pain clinics for over 20 years
- Joints and surgical expert: Prof. Dr. Lill specializes in the treatment of joints. He has years of experience in the field of minimally invasiveand arthroscopic ops.
- Cooperation with clinics and research institutes worldwide
- Renowned private practice: the OrthoCenter is internationally known and repeatedly welcomes patients from abroad who come to Munich for treatment
Stem cell therapy: adult stem cells from bone marrow
Adult stem cells are obtained from sources like bone marrow and can only be used to replace certain types of cells. Mesenchymal stem cells, for instance, can morph into cell types of supporting and connective tissue, of bones, cartilage, muscles, ligaments and tendons. Each body contains adult stem cells – therefore the possibility of body’s own substitution is given. The extraction of stem cells is carried out under anesthesia, by puncture of the pelvic bone and extracting through a thin cannula.
Stem cell therapy for orthopaedic indications
Stem cell therapy involves the generation of specific types of cells from stem cells. These new cells are then used to replace cells which have been damaged by illness or injuries. Therapy with bone marrow concentrate is, for example, suitable for the treatment of the following orthopaedic indications:
- Osteonecrosis (necrosis of the head of femur)
- Non-healing fractures (pseudarthrosis)
- Nicht heilende Knochenbrüche (Pseudarthrose)
- Tendon injuries or damages
Your specialist Prof. Dr. Lill
YOUR EXPERT FOR STEM CELL THERAPY
Are you interested in finding out more about stem cell therapy? Then make an appointment today to meet with Professor Lill. During a personal consultation, Professor Lill will advise you on the possible treatments, benefits and risks of stem cell therapy.